We are all toxicologists! Everything is toxic and the effects on living organisms depend on the dose. Promotores will understand the fundamental concepts of toxicology, which include dose-response, exposure routes, biological variation, and toxicity phases.
- Understand toxicology and associated terms.
- Learn about everyday toxic substances.
- Interpret a dose-response curve.
- Acquire information about biological variation.
- Define exposure types.
- Familiarity with toxicity episode phases.
- Basic understanding of risk assessment.
Statement by the Authors
Brief quotations from these modules are allowed without special permission, provided that accurate acknowledgement of the source is made. Requests for permission for extended quotation from or reproduction of this manuscript in whole or in part may be granted by the copyright holder.
(Suggested citation: Moreno Ramirez, D. & Gandolfi, A. J. (2013). Promotor Transferable Training Modules on Environmental Toxicology. Retrieved from: http://superfund.arizona.edu/learning-modules/promotor-modules/environmental-toxicology.)